- URL/IP of the SixthSense collector (your tenant URL, which will be provided by the onboarding team.)
- Access token from the SixthSense portal. For accessing the token, see Accessing your Access Token under Getting started with the Observability Portal.
- Oracle agent image ss-oracle-agent
- Database details (host name, port, database name, database user credentials, oracle service-name)
- Use query to get service name: show parameter service_name;
- Package token to download agent which will be provided by Customer Support.
Downloading the agent
For Linux based server, use the following URL to download the agent.
Download Linux oracle v2 agent
For Windows based servers, use the following URL to download the agent.
Download Windows oracle v2 agent
Agent depends on the Operating System and architecture.
Database User Permissions
To capture database metrics from the oracle server, you must first create a Oracle user with select permissions.
Perform the following steps to create user and grant permissions.
From the oracle SQLPlus shell, create a user with required permissions.
Replace your_host_name and your_strong_password with your values.
Configuring the Oracle Agent
Create a config.yaml file in the same directory.
Running the Agent
In case of network restrictions, you can use proxy to connect to the SixthSense backend.